I am one of those people who love to wander cemeteries. I find it akin to visiting an art museum; an opportunity to enjoy rarely appreciated sculpture, intricate carvings, and amazing architecture in a natural, tranquil outdoor setting.
A Grave Interest is a blog about cemetery culture - including art, history, issues of death, and genealogy - subjects of current relevance. I usually find something that intrigues me, research it, and write about it. But it has to be something that makes me want to dig deeper – pardon the pun - into the subject, something I can apply to today’s culture.
As a professional speaker, my cemetery presentations involve cemetery culture. All are adaptable from 10 to 60 minutes and include a PowerPoint presentation.
You may select from:
• A Grave Interest – Exploring the Cemetery
• Symbols – The Silent Language of the Stones
• Tree Stones – Woodmen of the World & Modern Woodmen of America
• Magnificent Midwestern Mausoleums
• Jane Todd Crawford – Medical Pioneer
• Things that go Bump in the Cemetery
(Available September – October)